Max word count
The prize is for an unpublished thriller short story in which no woman is beaten, stalked, sexually exploited, raped or murdered. Full guidelines on website. Thriller genres
The prize is for an unpublished thriller short story in which no woman is beaten, stalked, sexually exploited, raped or murdered. Full guidelines on website.
- Thriller genres can include crime, mystery, historical, sci-fi, cyber, comedy, psychological, spy, suspense, political, satirical and disaster, etc. We are not at this time looking for horror or fantasy stories.
- For the purposes of this Prize, ‘murder’ does not include incidents where people in general or specific groups of people are the targets or victims, e.g. war, terrorist attacks, hostage situations, sabotage.
- Where there is any ambiguity, the deciding factor will be whether a female character was targeted or died because she was a woman.
- The competition is open to authors of any nationality.
- Submissions must be unpublished with first publication rights available. Should your entry be published elsewhere before the winner/s are announced, you must inform us by email.
- Entries must be in English. Translations are welcome.
- Shortlisted authors will be notified by 25th September 2020.
- The shortlist will be announced on 1st October 2020.
- The winner will be announced on 12th October 2020.