Max word count
The prize is for FLASH FICTION on the theme of ‘THRILLER’ in which no woman is beaten, stalked, sexually exploited, raped or murdered. Thriller
- The prize is for FLASH FICTION on the theme of ‘THRILLER’ in which no woman is beaten, stalked, sexually exploited, raped or murdered.
- Thriller genres can include crime, mystery, historical, sci-fi, cyber, comedy, psychological, spy, suspense, political, satirical and disaster, etc. We are not at this time looking for horror or fantasy stories.
- For the purposes of this Prize, ‘murder’ does not include incidents where people in general or specific groups of people are the targets or victims, e.g. war, terrorist attacks, hostage situations, sabotage.
- Where there is any ambiguity, the deciding factor will be whether a female character was targeted or died because she was a woman.
- The competition is open to authors of any nationality.
- Submissions must be unpublished, with first publication rights available. Should your entry be published elsewhere before the winner/s are announced, you must inform us by email.
- Entries must be in English. Translations are welcome.
- Shortlisted authors will be notified by September 25th 2020
- The shortlist will be announced on October 1st 2020
- The winner will be announced on October 12th 2020