£1,000 and publication
Max word count
The Aesthetica Creative Writing Award is an international literary prize that is a hotbed for new talent in Short Fiction. Now in its 14th year, the Prize supports both emerging
The Aesthetica Creative Writing Award is an international literary prize that is a hotbed for new talent in Short Fiction. Now in its 14th year, the Prize supports both emerging and established writers. By entering, writers can showcase their work to key industry figures and organisations including The Poetry Society, Granta, VINTAGE and more.
Winners are selected for both categories and awarded with £1,000. Publication within the Aesthetica Creative Writing Anthology, is also awarded to a further 60 writers whose works are highly commended.
Aesthetica is proud to champion new writing talent and supports its writing alumni beyond the Prize, offering print and digital publicity and continued exposure across our channels.
- £1,000 prize money
- Publication in the Aesthetica Creative Writing Annual 2021
- Consultation with Redhammer Management
- Selection of books from Vintage and Bloodaxe Books
- One year print subscription to Granta
- Fiction entries should be no more than 2,000 words
- Works published or entered elsewhere are accepted
- You may enter the Award as many times as you wish
- Entries should be written in English
- For more information, read our FAQs here or for our refund policy
- December 2019 – 31 August 2020: Entries open
- September 2020: Judging begins
- December 2020: Winners and finalists are announced
- December 2020: Publication of winners and finalists in the Aesthetica Creative Writing Annual 2021